Ingredients List for The Garlic Butter Chicken Bites and Asparagus
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 bunch of asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter infused olive oil
- 1 teaspoon The Anointed Olive, LLC EVOO
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Organic Tuscany seasoning or Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Baklouti Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium chicken broth (or white wine)
- 1/4 cup Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
For the chicken seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Let sit in a shallow plate while you prepare the asparagus.
- Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus, then blanch them in boiling water for 2 minutes then soak in ice water to stop cooking. This way they will cook faster and evenly in the skillet. You can skip this step if you have very thin asparagus. Drain and set aside.
- Heat half butter infused olive oil and EVOO in a large cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken pieces on all sides until golden brown. Lower the heat, add 1 teaspoon minced garlic and Organic Tuscany seasoning and stir and cook with chicken until fragrant. Remove the chicken bites from the skillet and set aside to a plate. You might have to work in batches to avoid crowding the pan and have steamed chicken instead of browned.
- In the same skillet over medium-high, add minced garlic then deglaze with chicken broth (or wine). Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce to half the volume. Add remaining butter infused olive oil, Sicilian lemon white balsamic, Baklouti Agrumato Olive Oil, parsley. Give a quick stir to combine.
- Add the blanched asparagus and toss for 2 minutes to cook it up. Add the chicken bites back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish with more parsley, crushed chili pepper, and lemon slices and serve thechicken bites and asparagus immediately. Enjoy!
- Depending on the thickness of your asparagus, you might want to skip blanching.
- You can enrich the sauce by adding white wine.