1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved & outer leaves removed
3 tablespoons Butter Infused Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Red Apple Dark Balsamic Vinegar, plus 1-2 tablespoons for finishing
1 whole pomegranate or 1 ½ cup pomegranate seeds
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a large bowl toss the Brussel sprouts, Butter Infused Olive Oil & 1 tablespoon of the Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, or until tender, tossing the sprouts every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile breakdown the whole pomegranate, if using. Cut off one end & make an "X" through the top, going about halfway down the fruit. In a medium bowl full of cool water, use your hands to break apart the seeds from the membrane. Remove the outer skins & swish to allow the white membranes to float to the top. Skim off with your hand then strain the seeds in a colander, swishing them to remove any other membranes.
- When the sprouts are finished, season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Put the sprouts in a serving bowl & stir in the pomegranate seeds. Add another 1 - 2 tablespoons of the Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar to taste; toss to incorporate. Serve immediately – the brussels sprouts will be hot & will slightly warm the seeds. Can be doubled, but adjust roasting time as needed.